Hidden cameras for home use provide safety and security at an extremely reasonable price. Modern cameras are now small enough to fit in just about anything. Read on to discover exactly why you would need hidden cameras in your home and explore some of the available options to fit your needs.
Top 4 Reasons Why You Need a Hidden Camera
There are probably a million different reasons why someone might want to install a hidden camera in their home. They provide security as well as visual and audio proof that something happened. Below you’ll find some of the best reasons why you should get a hidden camera to use in your home today.
- Protect Your Children – You know that you would do anything to protect your children. With such a busy life there are times when you may need to leave your children under the supervision of a babysitter or even unattended. A hidden camera can provide you with peace of mind when you can’t be there with them.
- Protect Your Home – Your home is probably the biggest investment you will ever make. Why not make sure that it’s protected? Consider it a small investment to protect not only your home, but also the valuable possessions you keep inside.
- Catch Your Cheating Spouse Red Handed – Unfortunately, infidelity happens far too often. If you suspect that your spouse has been cheating then a hidden camera in your home can help provide the proof you need.
- Capture Special Memories – Having a hidden camera isn’t all about catching people doing something wrong. You can also use a hidden camera to catch everyday moments that happen so fast you don’t have time to go get your video recorder. Most modern hidden cameras have a built-in DVR to rewind and playback the video being captured.
Types of Hidden Cameras Available
Hidden cameras come in all shapes and sizes. Some of the most common types of hidden camera for home use include:
- Clocks – Including both standard analog wall clocks and digital clock radios.
- Mirrors – Could be a hanging wall mirror or smaller vanity mirror.
- Lighting Fixtures – You can also find hidden cameras built-in to lighting fixtures to use outdoors around the perimeter of your home.
- Fans – No one will suspect that your fan or air freshener is recording their every move.
- Electronic Devices – You can find cameras in other electronic devices such as stereos, computer speakers, motion detectors and even smoke detectors.
- Smaller Items – Of course no spy kit would be complete without a stealthy hidden camera pen, watch, electrical outlet, flashlight or key fob.
Hidden Camera Features
Some features to look for when purchasing a hidden camera include:
- Portability – If you need to move your camera often you may want to consider a wireless hidden camera with a built-in DVR. Everything is self-contained.
- DVR Function – Does your camera need to be connected to a DVR or does it have one built in?
- Audio Recording – It’s also important to know whether or not your new camera will be able to record sound. Due to federal law, audio recording can only be done with body-worn hidden cameras.
- Color Video – Will your new camera be able to record in color or only black and white?